A suitably licensed Truck Driver who will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of goods and other articles of trade to our customers. The driver will be tasked with driving a 30 Tonne 12 gear semi-auto DAF XF truck that will be assigned to him and will be working closely with our team to plan routes and track deliveries under the supervision of the Transport Manager.
Duties And Responsibilities
·The Driver must be able to drive long distances to deliver goods to customers.
·Will be responsible for loading and offloading goods.
·Responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services to designated areas.
·Ability to demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism.
·Expected to inspect trucks and record issues.
·Should log in all activities in the logbook.
·Report mechanical problems to the Maintenance Technician.
·Deliver goods to the customer on time.
·Should be compliant with driving rules and regulations.
·The Driver should have the ability to work with people of different national and cultural
Qualifications And Experience
The driver should be in possession of the following requirements
1. A class 2 driver’s license,
2. Defensive driving certificate.
3. A retest and clean driving record.
4. Must provide a certificate and police report.
5. A valid passport.
6. At least 3 years of work experience as a driver for haulage trucks.
7. A 5 O level certificate.
8. Should be a non-alcoholic driver.
9. Must have basic skills in vehicle maintenance.
10. Must have good customer service skills.
11. Good communication skills.
12. Traceable references.